Face Memory Test

Participant Information and Consent

Consent to Participate in a Research Study
The purpose of this page is to provide you with the information that you need to consider in deciding whether to participate in this research study. The study is being conducted as part of my BSc Psychology degree at Goldsmiths University.

Project Description
People process and recognise faces everyday but it has been discovered that people's ability to recognise faces significantly differs within the population. This test is to help show the differences in facial recognition.
The participants are required to memorise and select the correct faces.
After the face memory test you will be asked to fill out a short questionnaire.
This study will not cause any physical or mental harm, therefore you will not experience any distress whilst participating in this study.

Confidentiality of the Data
There is complete anonymity and confidentiality of the data, which will be kept safely electronically. Your details such as your email address will be personally unidentifiable and only seen by the researchers when collecting the data, but this information will not be in the report and only the results will be kept after the study is completed. You will be asked to provide a memorable word in order to be identified, if you wish to withdraw from the study.

Disclaimer
You are not obliged to take part in this study and should not feel coerced. You are free to withdraw at any time. Should you choose to withdraw from the study you may do so without disadvantage to yourself and without any obligation to give a reason.

I have the read the information sheet relating to the above research study and have been given a copy to keep. The nature and purposes of the research have been explained to me, and I have had the opportunity to discuss the details and ask questions about this information. I understand what is being proposed and the procedures in which I will be involved have been explained to me.

I understand that my involvement in this study, and particular data from this research, will remain strictly confidential. Only the researchers involved in the study will have access to identifying data. It has been explained to me what will happen once the research study has been completed.

I hereby freely and fully consent to participate in the study which has been fully explained to me. Having given this consent I understand that I have the right to withdraw from the study at any time without disadvantage to myself and without being obliged to give any reason. I also understand that should I withdraw, the researcher reserves the right to use my anonymous data in the write-up of the study and in any further analysis that may be conducted by the researcher.

If you have any questions or concerns about how the study has been conducted, please contact Hamza Tai (ps301ht@gold.ac.uk) or Dr Ashok Jansari (a.jansari@gold.ac.uk)

If you are happy to continue then please confirm that you consent to taking part in this study by ticking the box and click on "Next"